Samsung has announced a list of speakers that will talk at Free the TV Developer Day on August 31 at Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, CA. Speakers across the industry will talk about the potential and growth of Smart TVs.
The speakers list includes:
- Boo-Keun Yoon, President, Samsung Electronics
- Steve Wozniak, Silicon Valley icon, inventor and philanthropist
- Tim Westergren, Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Pandora
- Robert Stephens, Chief Technology Officer, Best Buy and founder of Geek Squad
- Chuck Pagano, Executive Vice President of Technology, ESPN
- Brian Cooley, Editor-at-Large, CNET
Free the TV Developer Day is a part of Free the TV Challenge that tries to lure developers to develop applications for Samsung Apps, which Samsung’s HDTV application store.
Developers who create a totally innovative app stands a chance to win $500,000 and an opportunity to reach consumers in over 120 countries.