Society of Information Display (SID) 2012 is underway in United States and Samsung is showcasing some innovative display technologies at the expo. Samsung Mobile Display is showcasing about 20 display technologies which includes:
– A 55-inch 3D OLED TV panel supporting full HD resolution and dual view support.
– World’s thinnest 4.8-inch touch sensor-integrated panel. Samsung says the panel is 32 percent thinner than LCDs and uses OCTA (On Cell TSP AMOLED) technology.
– A 10.1-inch WQXGA (2560×1600) LCD panel for tablets
– 11.6-inch HD 16:9 LCD panel for tablets
– 13.3-inch HD LCD panel for Ultrabooks
– 27-inch quad HD (2650×1440) PLS monitor panel with 99 percent of the Adobe RGB color space.