When a phone catches fire, more often than not, battery is the culprit. Samsung confirmed the same when they announced the first recall of the Galaxy Note7. However, when even the safe Galaxy Note7 started catching fire, Samsung was as clueless as an average consumer, reports NY Times.
The report cites a source aware of the test process claiming Samsung engineers were “unable to reproduce the explosions”. This is an interesting revelation and while there are few theories floating on what could be the probable reason, nothing has come out officially from Samsung except for the statement asking consumers to power down the Galaxy Note7 and return it.
As we’ve iterated in the past, if you own or use a Galaxy Note7, you should return it right away in the nifty return box that they’re sending to customers and get the full refund.
Leave a Reply