Remember the Galaxy S III explosion incident that injured an 18-year old girl in Switzerland? Now Samsung has come out with their own findings and they claim the battery used in the device was unofficial. The EMPA Materials Science & Technology also confirms the conclusion, which according to the loosely translated text reads: The battery used in the device was not supplied or manufactured by Samsung or a company authorized by Samsung.
Earlier this month, 18-year old Fanny Schlatter’s Galaxy S III exploded in her pocket that gave her a third-degree burn on her thigh.
Source Thanks, Mark!